The Outcome Questions and Engagement Outcomes reports organizes a survey's Outcome questions in a single report for easier analysis and action.
In this article:
- Navigate the Outcome Questions & Engagement Outcomes Report
- Reporting Tools: Filter, Slice By, Compare To
The Outcome Questions and Engagement Outcomes reports provide a similar experience to the Questions report but only include Outcome questions in the survey for easier analysis.
Outcome Questions Report
The Outcome Questions report is available if:
- The survey includes a minimum of one Outcome question
Engagement Outcomes Report
The Engagement Outcomes report is available if:
- The survey includes a minimum of one Outcome question, and
- The survey uses either the Annual Engagement or Engagement Follow-Up template
Access the Outcome Questions & Engagement Outcomes Report
To access either the Outcome Questions or Engagement Outcomes report:
- From the survey's Overview page
- Click and expand the Reports drop-down menu
- Click Outcome Questions or Engagement Outcomes
Navigate the Outcome Questions & Engagement Outcomes Report
The Outcome Questions and Engagement Outcomes report can be navigated and analyzed in the same way.
The default view of the report displays the favorable rating for all of the Outcome questions, as well as the favorable rating for each question/item.
To navigate the report:
- A. Chart Legend: Click the different favorability options to display the different favorability ratings for each question
- B. Question: Displays the question as it appeared in the survey, the n value represents the number of participants who responded to the question
- C. Comments: Click the number in the Comments column to navigate to the Comments report
- D. Insights: Click the Insights ribbon to enter an insight and view any existing insights for the question
Reporting Tools: Filter, Slice By, Compare To
To further dive into the report, click Filter, Slice By, or Compare To.
These are useful for viewing results by various demographics or comparing results against relevant benchmarks.
- Filter: Isolate and view survey results by one demographic, e.g. by Department, Gender, Location, etc.
Slice By: Select a specific demographic and reveal a range of how the demographic responded to a survey question
In the following example, the results are sliced by Department revealing how the Sales, Finance, and IT departments responded to the question
- Compare To: Allows you to compare your results against a benchmark or previous survey
The data in this report can be exported as a PDF, Excel, or PowerPoint file.
To export Outcome Questions/Engagement Outcomes data:
- From the Outcome Questions/Engagement Outcomes report, click and expand Export
- Select how you want the export data
- Once the export is downloaded, open the export file from your web brower's downloads folder