Create a survey accessible via a shareable URL link or QR code.
In this article:
- Create a Survey with a Shareable Link
- Copy & Share the Survey Shareable Link
- Confidentiality & Exports
Creating a survey with a shareable link offers an additional method for your employees to complete surveys via a URL or a QR code.
Additionally, a survey with a shareable link can be used to invite customers, job candidates, conference attendees, etc. to a survey and capture valuable information from voices outside of your organization.
Surveys accessible via a shareable link can be public and open to any user with access to the URL or QR code. In this situation, because there is no way to identify the survey taker, demographic and identity information is not captured.
To capture demographic information, surveys via a shareable link can be configured to require the employee ID and/or login before accessing the survey.
Create a Survey with a Shareable Link
To create a survey accessible via a shareable link:
- Navigate to the survey's Participants step in the survey creation process
- Select Invite with a Shareable Link
- Note: Other invitation methods can be selected alongside Invite with a Shareable Link
- Specify the access settings for the shareable link:
- Anyone with this link can take the survey: Any user with access to the survey URL can complete the survey
- Prompt participants to log in or enter their employee ID: Users with the survey URL must enter their employee ID and/or employee login to access and complete the survey
Note: To capture demographic information from users via the shareable link, select the prompt option to identify users via employee ID or employee login.
Copy & Share the Survey Shareable Link
To copy the survey's shareable link:
- Navigate to the survey's Test and Review step in the survey creation process
- Under Survey Distribution, click Get Shareable Link/QR Code in the Shareable Link card to open a modal
- From this modal, click Copy Link to copy the URL or click Download PNG to download the QR code image to your device
- Post the survey URL/QR code on social media, your organization's intranet, etc. for users to easily access and complete the survey
Confidentiality & Exports
Survey responses via the shareable link can be exported in the survey's analytics.
Depending on the survey's confidentiality setting and whether users are prompted to self-verify via an employee ID/login, the exported responses may or may not be attributed.
To export survey results:
- Navigate to the survey's analytics and the appropriate reporting tab, i.e. Results, Comments, etc.
- Click the Export drop-down menu in the top right
- Click on the appropriate option, e.g. Results Excel, Comments PDF, etc
- Click the exported file from your browser's download files.