In this article:
What are Insights?
Insights are used to bookmark thoughts and details for specific survey items when looking through survey analytics.
For example, if you notice a significant disparity in how different departments responded to a survey question, you can apply the department slice to the question and create an insight to call the issue to your colleague's attention.
An insight can be created in the Results report for survey items with or without any slices, filters, or comparisons as well as for scaled, multi-choice, NPS, and rank items.
Comment on a created insight for additional context and detail, visible to yourself and to your colleagues. Any user with visibility into a survey's analytics can create and view existing Insights.
What are Smart Insights?
Using a proprietary algorithm, Quantum Workplace delivers tailored Insights to potential areas of interest. Smart Insights can act as effective starting points when strategizing how to improve engagement.
Note: Automated Insights have been renamed to Smart Insights.
As an admin or a manager with visibility into a survey's analytics, create Insights to add meaningful context to a survey item's results or make note of a particular result to call out for additional analysis.
To create an Insight:
- Click the Insights ribbon icon for the corresponding survey item
- In the sidebar, enter a description for the Insight
- Click Save
Insights are used to collaboratively identify and discuss areas of opportunity when reviewing survey results. By design, Insights are not private but are rather visible to your colleagues.
- Admins: can view all Insights, regardless of the Insight creator
- Insight Creators: can view Insights they created
- Managers: can view Insights created by anyone in their downline according to their position in the manager hierarchy
- Managers cannot see Insights created by upline managers or admins unless the Insight is created on the manager's team or a downline team.
Custom Org Trees display Insights for teams. These insights are accessible by those assigned to the team, in addition to admins and All Respondent assignments to streamline automated insights and deliver actionable, focused insight.
View Manual Insights
Users can create an Insight on any team, with any demographic as long as they're granted access to the demographic in question.
Users can always see manual Insights that they've created, regardless of which team they have selected. Users can also see manual Insights created by others in different teams as long as the selected team is in the user's own downline.
Users with limited upline access cannot see Insights manually created by others in an upline team.
View Automated Insights
To view automated Insights, use the Select a Team button in the survey's analytics to select the appropriate team. Insights for demographics may or may not be shown depending user's access to a demographic.
Users can edit or delete Insights they've created, as well as view the survey item in the Results report.
To manage an Insight you've created:
- A. Click the⋮ icon to expand the menu with:
- Edit: Update the description text for the Insight
- Delete: Delete the Insight
- B. Insight Details/View Insight: Click to navigate to view the survey item in the Results report
- If any slices/filters were enabled when the Insight was created, those same slices/filters are enabled when viewing the Insight
The Insight may look slightly different depending on whether you're viewing an Insight in the Action Planning tab for an Engagement survey's analytics, or in the Insights tab for any other kind of survey. The functionality works the same way.