IN THIS ARTICLE:
What is it?
An HRIS (or HRMS) integration allows us to update your employee information in our system directly from your organization’s employee database. This ensures that your employee data is up-to-date as you use our tools, and it helps with the automation of user management, surveys, goals, recognition, feedback, and 1-on-1s.
- Go to Administration then click Integrations → HRIS/HRMS.
- Fill in the requested contact information for the IT representative we should reach out to for the setup of the integration, and provide the name of your HRIS/HRMS software.
- Our team will reach out to the designated IT representative to make sure they have all necessary setup information and confirm integration method.
- We will notify you once the integration is complete. This is typically 2-3 weeks after you send us the information needed to set up the integration.
Details for Your IT Team
- Flat File: Data is generated every day into a CSV file that can be automated to upload into an SFTP site (We can provide an SFTP site, or you can provide one). The file should be placed in the inbound folder of the SFTP site. From there, the data will load into our system.
- Report as a Service: Within your HRIS, you may have the option to create a report that is exposed to the Internet. We will need to be given an API token or login credentials. We’ll programmatically run the report and pull the data into the system. Common systems that have this capability: BambooHR, Workday, Ultipro
- REST/SOAP API: Your HRIS exposes different endpoints that can be called to get different data elements and then the data is compiled into employee records which will then be pulled into our system.
Frequency and Timing
Most employee data feeds process once daily, normally between 12:00am and 6:00am CST.
Preferred File Format
- For flat file transfer, the preferred file format is comma-separated values (CSV) with double quotes surrounding any text that contains commas. We can accommodate other delimited file formats upon request.
- A date stamp should be in included in each day’s filename (ex: OrganizationName_EmployeeFile_YYYY-MM-DD). This ensures that each day’s file doesn’t overwrite the previous one.
Contents of File
- In flat file format each row will represent an employee.
- The file should contain demographics required by our system, as well as any demographics you want available in analytics -- see the below visual. The orange headers identify demographics we consider to be mandatory. The blue headers are customizable. You can edit and add to this list based on the demographic data you want available in the system.
- Please use either a cumulative or rolling 30-day approach with the integration file:
Cumulative: Each file should contain all active and terminated employees regardless of when they might have been terminated.
Rolling 30-Day: Each file should contain all active employees and employees that have been terminated within the last 30 days. After a termed employee has been included in 30 days’ worth of files, they can be dropped off the file feed.
Checking the Integration History
You can find the integration import history under Administration then click Integrations → HRIS/HRMS. You'll see a history of imports listed on this page.