The Categories Report breaks down the analytics of a survey by question categories and individual questions.
In this article:
- Access & Navigate the Categories Report
- How to Filter, Slice and Compare Categories Report
- How to Export
The Categories Report in Surveys & Pulses Analytics breaks down the engagement data by question category and individual questions.
- Category: Career Growth & Development
- Question: My job allows me to utilize my strengths.
Access & Navigate the Categories Report
To access the Categories report:
- Click and expand Analytics in the left-hand navigation menu
- Click Surveys & Pulses
- Click the survey to view its analytics
- Click and expand the Reports drop-down
- Click Categories
When viewing the Categories report, you can see a list of all categories included in the survey and the favorable rating for each category. The default view shows the favorable rating, but clicking the different options in the Chart Legend allows you to display different favorability ratings for each category.
Clicking a category navigates you to the Category Details page where can dive deeper into the data of each question under that category.
From the Category Details page, you can view the different favorability ratings for each question within the category.
For further analysis:
- A: Clicking the question text will take you to the question's Results Detail page,
- B: Clicking the number listed in the Comments column will take you to the Comments page
- C: Clicking the Insights ribbon opens a menu where you can enter an insight and view any existing insights.
How to Filter, Slice and Compare Categories Reports
To analyze your Categories beyond the survey's overall analytics, apply the Filter, Slice By or Compare To functions for deeper insights.
To enable these functions, click the appropriate function depending on your desired outcome. Click here for more information regarding filters, slices and comparisons.
Clicking any of these functions opens a modal where you can select the demographics to filter, slice or compare. Click Apply to update your Categories Report view.
Once you have selected a slice, you'll notice the favorability ratings look different as they display different data points depending on how you slice your data.
If you would like to see the Categories graph for a particular group in that demographic, e.g. the sales department, you can then apply a filter for a specific demographic group while keeping your slice applied.
For analysis based on dates, click All Time in the top-right to expand a drop-down menu with a list of pre-set dates and a custom date range option.
How to Export
Categories Reports can be exported by clicking the Export button in the top-right of the screen. This expands a drop-down menu with multiple export options.
The Categories Report's PDF export will reflect any slices enabled in the report.