As an Admin, you can set up a Feedback cycle to send feedback requests on behalf of your employees (this can be for any subset of your population or the entire organization)
There are two essential steps to launching Feedback. First, you will build a template to select the questions that feedback providers should answer about the employees under review. If you are setting up a 360, you will also designate which reporting relationships, in relation to the employees under review, should to provide feedback (e.g., their managers, peers, or direct reports) and select the questions that each group should answer. Once you've built your template, you will launch a cycle to determine dates that the feedback should be sent out, who should have visibility into the feedback, and whether feedback should be confidential or attributed.
IN THIS ARTICLE:
Building a Feedback Template
The first step to launching any Feedback session is to create the template, or question set, that will be used.
- From Administration, click Feedback.
- Click the Templates tab.
- Select New Template.
- Name the template (typically this reflects the topic of the Feedback session/ type of Feedback) and click Save and Continue.
- Click the New Question button to add questions to your template.
- (For 360 Feedback): Add Feedback Gropus.
From the panel on the right side of the template, click the drop down by Feedback Groups to determine which reporting relationships relative to the feedback recipients should provide Feedback. Click Save Feedback Groups.
When setting feedback groups, you can specify whether to invite feedback providers automatically based on the reporting relationships in Quantum Workplace if your data is accurate. If you do not want people to be automatically invited to provide feedback based on your data in Quantum Workplace, be sure not to select the "auto-invite" option.
6. (For 360 Feedback) If you need to denote that certain questions should be presented to specific Feedback Groups only, click the edit icon to open a particular question and check the correct boxes under Who do you want to respond to this question?. Then, click Save Changes.
7. Once you've finished adding questions and specifying which Feedback Groups should see each question, click Finalize & Activate to make your template available to use.
Launching a Feedback Cycle
Once you've built your template, you will set up a cycle to determine who will receive feedback and specify the dates that feedback requests should be sent out.From Administration, select Feedback. Click New Cycle.
- Cycle Type: Leave this set to Single unless you're intending to set a recurring cycle as discussed with your CSM.
- Cycle Name: Enter a title for your Feedback session
- About This Cycle: Add any instructions or context that your feedback providers should see, if needed. Check the box next to Include in emails and feedback experience?
- Manager Analytics: Check this box if you want people leaders to see aggregate Feedback analytics for their down line. This step does NOT solely determine who has visibility into Feedback--- those permissions are updated under Who will see feedback?
Who will select feedback provider? Click the carrot to designate who is responsible for selecting feedback providers. For formal feedback sessions, the majority of our customers rely on Admin users to determine feedback providers, but you can choose to give the employees receiving feedback or their managers the responsibility for selecting feedback providers instead.
Who will see feedback? If the employees receiving feedback should NOT have visibility into their own feedback, uncheck the box next to Employees. If the immediate/upline manager of any employee receiving feedback should NOT have visiblity into that employee's feedback, uncheck the box next to Managers & Upline Managers.
Are answers confidential? Click the carrot to determine whether answers should be attributed to respondents. If you choose to keep answers anonymous, you will need to specify a minimum number of responses needed to reveal results. Note: If you are using Feedback Groups, you will need to meet the minimum response threshold in each feedback group in order to reveal responses from that group. If you are using Feedback Groups, responses from managers will always be attributed, even for confidential Feedback cycles.
Step 2: Feedback Recipients
To specify who should provide feedback for these employees, click the Import Feedback Providers button and follow these instructions.
Click Select Feedback Recipients to specify which employees are receiving feedback. Use the People Search to add recipients individually and the Filter by Demographic option to add recipients by demographic.
8. Once recipients are selected select your Template from the drop-down and click Add People. You will see a message once respondents are added in; click All Done to advance.
Step 3: Set Schedule & Milestone
Set dates for when the Cycle Launches (email invitations will be sent out approximately at the time you set here, although invitations may be sent in batches), when the Feedback is Due, and when the Feedback should become Visible. If you would like feedback to be visible as soon as it's received (for attributed surveys) or as soon as it's received once the minimum response threshold is met (for confidential surveys), check the Immediately box.
Once your dates are set, click Save and Continue and Launch. Once you've clicked this, the feedback invitations will be automatically sent out on the date/time you've specified in the Cycle Launch Date field.
- On the date you select for Feedback Visible, feedback will become visible at the same time of day that you set your cycle to launch. That is, if your cycle launches at 11:00am, Feedback will become visible on 11:00am on the Feedback Visible date.
- If you need to extend Feedback dates, you can always return to this cycle set-up page and select a new cycle lock date.