IN THIS ARTICLE:
- The Basics of How to Setup a Public Recognition Display
- How to Setup a Public Recognition Stream on a TV or Common-area Display
- How to Setup a Public Recognition Stream on your intranet (via an iFrame)
- How to Display a Filtered Recognition Stream for a Department or Location
- How to Display Recognition Full-screen without a Public URL
The Basics of How to Setup a Public Recognition Display
From your Administration settings, click Recognition.
From there you can access your links to display Recognition publicly in your office. There are currently two views:
- Ticker Display: this view resembles a late-night sports broadcast. It's cycles one-by-one through your most recent 15 posts.
- Card View: this view paints a grid of your most recent posts. It fits as many posts onscreen as possible and refreshes every 30 seconds.These two views have different URLS but you can toggle between them by clicking the buttons in the upper-left.
Note: If you want to refresh your public recognition link for any reason, just click the "Request New Security Key", and send us a message asking for a new one.
How to Setup a Public Recognition Stream on a TV or Common-area Display
- Get your Public URL: First, reach out to your account Administrator. They should already have your organization's public link. If you're not sure who that is, just click 'Send a Message' and our support team will help you identify your account Administrator.
- Find a web-enabled Display: You'll need a display with an internet connection. That might be a SmartTV with embedded browser or maybe your display is connected to an external computer or device that supplies the internet.
- Link to Your Public URL: Type your URL into the browser on your display. Voila!
How to Setup a Public Recognition Stream on your intranet (via an iFrame)
Some of our clients use intranet software like Sharepoint by Microsoft or Confluence by Atlassian. Many intranets allow you to setup iFrame widgets to display external content from the web. While each will differ, the fundamentals are the same:
- Create an iFrame on your intranet.
- Point your iFrame at your public recognition URL.
The screenshots below are a couple examples of recognition displayed via an iFrame in Confluence (with help from a bit of custom inline styling). Both the Board and Ticker views are built with responsive design so they will adjust to the size of your iFrame. If you run into trouble, reach out to us and we'll do our best to help.
Note for SharePoint users: When the recognition board automatically refreshes, it takes over the entire site. To avoid this, add "TVNoRfresh" to your public link, as in this example:
The recognition board will need to be manually refreshed in SharePoint. This can only be used with the Recognition Ticker.
How to Setup a Filtered Recognition Stream for a Department or Location
For organizations using custom employee demographics like location or department, you can filter your recognition stream by extending your public recognition URL. Here's how:
- Add &filters=Group=Name to your Public URL, where Group is the Demographic Group (e.g. Location, Department) and Name is the Demographic Name (e.g. Dallas, Sales).
- Combine multiple filters by separating each with "|" (example: you would extend your URL with &filters=location=dallas|department=sales if you wanted to show recognition received by people in Sales in Dallas)
Note: if your demographic group or name contains special characters, you might need to replace them in your URL. Here are a few common special characters and how to handle them:
- space = %20 (so, for example, "Client Success" might be "&filters=department=client%20success")& = %26 (so, for example, "R&D" might be "&filters=department=r%26d")
...to find out how to deal with other special characters, look here: http://www.degraeve.com/reference/urlencoding.php
How to Display Recognition Full-screen without a Public URL
Note: If your Administrator has not or cannot share your public recognition URL, you can still get to a full-screen display of your recognition feed by following these steps:
1. Login to Recognition via the screen where you'd like to display the feed.
2. Navigate to Recognition. 3. Click the Full Screen button in the upper right-hand corner.
4. Your recognition will display in a grid that will refresh automatically.