IN THIS ARTICLE:
Talent Reviews by Quantum Workplace will revolutionize the way you evaluate talent and succession plan throughout your organization. Talent Reviews, formerly known as Vitals, allows you to prompt managers and other people leaders to assess individual employees' performance, potential for growth, and likelihood of staying with the organization. As managers across teams evaluate their employees using this framework, employees will be plotted along Performance and Growth axes. Your leaders and managers can then take targeted action to retain and develop your talent using our resources and recommendations geared toward the differently performing segments of your population. We recommend prompting managers to update Talent Review ratings for their direct reports once a quarter.
Note: You can configure Talent Reviews so that people other than an employee's direct manager can provide ratings instead of or in addition to the direct manager. You can solicit Talent Review ratings from matrix managers, mentors, and anyone who has visibility into an employee's performance.
Talent Review Process
1. Ask: You will launch a Talent review cycle that will prompt your managers to answer our 3 questions about their direct reports.
2. Analyze: As managers complete Talent Reviews, employees' scores will be mapped out on a grid along Performance and Growth axes. Over time, you will be able to see both an average Talent Review rating for each employee as well as every rating they've ever received (and from whom).
3. Act: You can select from our Insight Types to guide your follow up with any given employee. You and the employee's manager can discuss next steps directly in the platform and choose from our recommended talent management actions.
The Three Talent Review Questions
Recent research shows that managers are not always well positioned to rate their direct reports' competencies and skills. However, managers are well-positioned to assess an employee's intentions. Given this, our in-house team of experts have developed three key questions for managers:
- Performance Impact
- Growth Trajectory
- Retention Risk
Launching Talent Reviews
As an Admin, you can request Talent Review ratings for your entire organization or any subset of the population by launching a cycle. Click here for more in-depth instructions.
- From the Talent Reviews section in Administration, click the Cycles tab.
- Then, click New Cycle.
- From the Cycle Setup page, complete your general settings. This process is similar to the workflow for creating a Feedback or 1-on-1s cycle.
- Add the Recipients (e.g., the employees who will receive Talent Review ratings). From the template drop down, select the Talent Review template, which will be the only option in the menu.
- Set Milestones and Launch.
View Talent Review ratings for your employees by navigating to Analytics and selecting Talent Reviews. The Talent Review Ratings for every employee who has been rated will be plotted on Performance and Growth Axes, and below this grid, you will see a row for each employee from which you can access their complete history of ratings.
Click the information icon for an explanation of what the four quadrants represent as well as recommended next steps you can take to engage and coach employees based on their Talent Reviews rating.
Below the grid, you will see the current (composite) Talent Review rating for each employee. Click the drop down by an employee's name to view their scores over time, as well as who provided those ratings. Under Details, click the drop down arrow to see the comments provided by the employee's manager (or whoever provided Talent Ratings for them.)
Click the Add Icon to add Insights and start a conversation about an employee's rating.