Within a 1-on-1, employees and managers can review Feedback together using the Feedback Conversation Booster.
In this article:
- Use Cases
- How to Add the Feedback Booster as an Admin
Honest feedback is critical for professional growth, but knowing how to effectively receive and act on feedback isn't always easy.
In addition to receiving feedback from multiple people and dealing with constructive criticism, it's important that employees focus on the most important insights and identify actionable steps based on the takeaways.
To facilitate this process, employees and managers can discuss any feedback together within their 1-on-1s. Adding the Feedback Conversation Booster to a 1-on-1 allows employees and managers to view and address the Feedback directly within the 1-on-1.
The Feedback Conversation Booster is available to all organizations with Feedback and 1-on-1 enabled.
The Feedback Conversation Booster is particularly useful when multiple people provide feedback on a single employee's performance.
For example, matrixed organizations may rely on direct managers, matrixed managers, and project leads to provide feedback for a single employee. In these situations, the Feedback Booster helps the employee and their direct manager distill insights across all of the feedback being received.
How to Add the Feedback Booster as an Admin
As an admin, you can add the Feedback Conversation Booster to a 1-on-1 template to encourage managers and employees to discuss recent feedback.
- Click and expand Administration in the left-hand navigation menu
- Click 1-on-1s
- Click Templates
- Select the 1-on-1 template to add the Feedback Booster to
- At the bottom of the template, click the Rocket icon
- Under Feedback Booster, click Add to 1-on-1 and specify whether it should be displayed at the top or bottom of the 1-on-1 template
How to Use the Feedback Booster as a Manager or Employee
The employee and manager can also add the Feedback Conversation Booster within the 1-on-1, as you are completing responses.
- As the manager or employee completing your 1-on-1 responses, click Conversation Boosters in the bottom-left corner
- From the drop-down menu, click +Add for Feedback Review
- Scroll to the bottom of the template and click Select Feedback to specify which Feedback cycle to display
- Eligible feedback will have a corresponding Select button, click this
- Click the X in the top-right to exit the employee snapshot and view the 1-on-1 in full screen
Note: Only one Feedback cycle can be displayed at a time.
As you go through the Feedback information, add Insights by clicking the ribbon icon for the corresponding statement.
Describe the insight in the text field before clicking Create.